Spring is finally on its way which is a big relief to people in parts of the country who may have had some rough winter weather this year. It’s time to celebrate the new time of year, the coming of a new season and the beautiful weather in store for us. One way you can celebrate this great weather is by decorating your home for spring.
This is a time for spring cleaning, as you know so it’s a great time to revamp your home, especially the main rooms that visitors see when they come to your home. Decorating your home for spring does not have to be difficult or expensive and can be achieved with some nice cleaning and reorganizing.
Here are 10 hot sprint decor ideas and tips for your home that won’t cost you a bundle:
- Clean out that clutter! This is a great time to clean out the clutter that has been collecting over the past few months. Open up the drapes, get some sunshine in your room and clean out all that extra stuff that’s lying around.
- Clean up your front! Take this time to clean out the front doorstep and make it more inviting for people. Sweep the stoop, dust out the mats, clean the windows, etc.
- Bring on the green! Now is time to get rid of those old dusty silk plants and flowers and bring out some fresh flowers, greenery and lively plants. Spring is a great time for brightening up the home.
- Clean out the fireplace! If you have a fireplace that you’ve been using all winter, now is a great time to clean it out. Even if you still need to use it on a few chilly nights, it’s still a great idea to clean out all those old ashes and soot now.
- Redo your rugs! If you have rugs throughout your home, this may be a great chance to switch them out for spring or summer rugs. If you don’t have any to switch out, try moving them to different rooms throughout your home for a fresher look and also be sure to clean them properly and remove any dust build up.
- Let in the light! This is a great time to begin opening your shades and window coverings, cleaning your windows, using sheer curtains and finding other ways of letting that great spring sunshine into your home.
- Check your accessories! Look around your home at your wall décor and other accessories. This is a great time to revamp the decor look in your home by changing some simple accessories to more spring-like designs, colors and patterns.
- Clean your fans! If you have ceiling fans in your home, take time to clean and dust them properly, including lights and fixtures, and change the direction in which your fans are blowing.
- Create a window box! Another great craft/decor idea is to create a lovely springtime window box for display. It’s fun to do and it looks great.
- Spring scents! Remember that a clean-smelling home is all the more inviting. Instead of wasting money on sprays and other products designed to make your home smell better, create your own spring scents. Try a simmering pot of cloves and cinnamon or dried flower leaves to give your entire home a great scent.